- Frozen drain tube
- Food particles in drain tube causing clog
- Drain tube is frozen, clogged or dirty
- Water behind, under crisper drawers
- Water coming out front of refrigerator door
- Ice behind crisper drawer in the drain area
- How to clear, clean or unclog the drain tube
- Drain tube information for 200, 300, 500 and 600 Series models
Steps to Verify Issue:
Refer to the Drain Tube Cleaning Instructions for illustrations and more details.
- Turn off the refrigerator.
- Remove the crisper drawer and shelf; behind this drawer is where water or ice may collect.
- If there is ice on the floor of the refrigerator section, make sure the refrigerator dial control is set correctly, see Temperature Settings.
- Remove ice by defrosting unit or use a hair dryer on low to melt.
- Remove the kick-plate at the bottom of the unit.
- Mix one quart of warm water with 2 caps full of bleach and a few drops of dish detergent to make a solution.
- If there is standing water in the trough that runs across the back wall, remove the water with a turkey baster or sponge.
- Squirt or pour the bleach solution down the drain until it no longer overflows into the refrigerator and drains into the pan below the unit.
- Remove the drain pan when done, and clean it out since solution sitting in the pan could damage the plastic. See Remove or Reinstall a 600-500-200 / 300 Series Drain Pan.
- Reinstall the kickplate.
- Turn the unit back on.
- For clogged drains accompanied by poor temperatures, door sealing issues or service indicators, contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
- See also:
- Do not disconnect the drain tube from the drain trough.
- Do not put anything down the tube such as a brush, it can pierce the tube and lead to a larger problem.
- Compressed air may be used to clear out the drain tube, if desired.
- If a drain pan heater kit with coils is installed preventing removal of the drain pan, leave the drain pan in place and use a turkey baster to empty it.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero and Wolf service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Toll-free (800) 222-7820