Solve clogged drains caused by:
- Frozen drain tube
- Food particles in drain tube causing clog
For clogged drains accompanied by the following, contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair:
- Poor temperatures
- Door seal issues
- Service light indicators
- Any other problems
- Freezer drain tube is frozen, clogged or dirty
- Ice build up on the right side of the freezer section of an over/under model
Steps to Verify Issue:
Since the freezer drain tube is difficult to access, it can not be cleaned but can be defrosted to clear any ice build up. To defrost the drain tube:
- Manually disable the freezer compartment by first turning the unit OFF with the unit On/Off key
- Press and hold the freezer Warmer key then press the Unit ON/OFF key, then release both keys
The LCD will display “- - “ (double dashes) in place of temperature readings for the freezer compartment
NOTE: To return the unit to normal operating condition, repeat steps 1 - 3 above
- Allow the unit to defrost until it is at room temperature and dry
- Watch for dripping water and clean up as needed
- Remove the drain pan and empty as needed
- Do not disconnect the drain tube
- Do not to put anything down the tube such as a brush, it can pierce the tube and lead to a larger problem
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820