- Is it possible to disable only one zone in a 700 Series, Integrated Sub-Zero for cleaning?
- If one section is turned off or shut down, will the other zone operate normally?
- Can just the freezer be turned off to defrost it?
- Can one drawer of a base drawer unit be turned off and leave the other on?
- Can you disable a compartment on the 700TF(I)?
- Shutdown mode on original 700 models
- How to turn off 700 Series
It is possible to disable only one section in a 700 Series Sub-Zero for cleaning or service purposes. To initiate Manual Zone Disable Mode, follow these steps:
- Turn the unit off, using the UNIT ON/OFF key pad.
- Press and hold the WARMER key pad of the section you want to disable.
- While holding the WARMER key pad, turn the unit back on by depressing the UNIT ON/OFF key pad.
- Release both keys.
- The disabled section will be indicated with "--" (double dashes) in place of temperature readings for the zone chosen, indicating all cooling functions for that zone are disabled.
- The lights will remain on in the disabled section.
- To return the unit to normal operation, repeat the steps above or press UNIT ON/OFF key then the warmer button.
- See also, Manually Defrost a Sub-Zero.
700TF(I)'s and Base Drawer models do not have Manual Zone Disable.
- Earliest versions of the 700 Series did not have a manual zone disable mode; however, there was a "shutdown mode".
- Attempting to set temperatures warmer than control limits causes a "SHUTDOWN MODE".
- In shutdown mode "--" will be displayed.
- All unit functions will be suspended except the lights and door alarm.
- To end shutdown mode, press the "COLDER" key.
Refer to the product use and care guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero and Wolf service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Toll-free (800) 222-7820