Boost 208 Volt Power for Domestic Use

Core Issue:

  • Can a booster or a buck and boost transformer be used to increase 208 volt power to 220 volts?
  • Can Dual Fuel Ranges, Electric or Induction Cooktops, or Wall Ovens use boost transformers to increase power supply when only 208 V power is available?
  • Increase power supply, voltage


The buck boost transformer is the Wolf-approved method for increasing voltage to an appliance.

  • Buck boost transformers should be selected by an electrical contractor for use on any Wolf product.
  • Wolf also offers a 208 V Electric Cooktop for purchase and recommends purchasing this product when using 208 V power supplies for best performance.
    • The 208 V model number is CT30E-208/S.
  • For information on how to check 208 vs. 240 voltage in the home, refer to Determining 208 Volt or 240 Volt Electrical Service.
  • Buck boost transformers are available to purchase online or from local electrical supply warehouses.

Refer to the product installation guide for further information.

Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.

An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.

Related Questions

Customer Service


Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.

Call us at (800) 222-7820

Customer Care and Support