- How to reset the water filter replacement indicator on a Built-In (BI)
- Why is the water filter replacement indicator still displayed?
- What does the water filter replacement icon mean?
- Why is the water filter replacement icon displayed?
- The water filter life monitor is still displaying the filter replacement indicator on a BI after the filter was replaced.
- Where to purchase water filters.
- Water filter light flashing
The water filter replacement icon appears only when the water filter needs to be replaced.
- The water filter life monitor must be reset manually after replacing a water filter.
- The indicator appears if the volume of water the filter is rated for is filtered or if approximately one year passes.
- The water filter indicator appears in the LCD display readout on the control panel.
- The indicator icon appears as four drops of water passing through a horizontal sheet of paper.
- See also, How to Purchase Water Filters and Air Filters
- If the indicator does not appear and it has been significantly longer than one year, verify the Icon Life Monitor has not been disabled. See Built-In Water Filter Icon Life Monitor When Filter is Bypassed.
- For a list of units that have a water filter, and those that do not, see Sub-Zero Does Not Have a Water Filtration System.
- Replacement water filters can be ordered from the Sub-Zero Accessory Store or from a Factory Certified Parts Distributor.
- View the product use and care guide for further information.
To reset the indicator:
- Press and hold the filter reset button for five seconds in order to reset the water filter life monitor.
- This is the white button to the left of the water filter on the front of the condenser cover.
- If the icon is still displayed, remove the water filter cartridge and reinstall the water filter.
- See also:
If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair. Replacement water filters are not covered by Sub-Zero's warranty.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Toll-free (800) 222-7820