- Can a glass door be changed or swapped to a solid panel door?
- Are stainless solid doors an option for glass door models?
- What color is the inside of a solid door for a glass door unit?
- Should the hinge be specified when a solid overlay door, part number 7005924, is used?
- Part number 7005924, 7012489, 7012490, 7012507, 7012508, 7031923, 7031924, 7031925, 7031926, 7031927, 7031928, 7031929, 7031930
The following glass door models cannot be converted to have a solid door:
- 600 Series glass door models
- Built-In glass door models
- PRO48 or 648PRO (nor can a solid door be swapped to a glass door)
Applicable to all solid door conversions:
- The panel dimensions do not change for a solid door.
- The panel is made without the cutout for where the glass panel would have been.
- Refer to the Sub-Zero Design Guide for further installation information.
- Wine storage units must be above serial number 3100000 to apply a solid door option.
- All door liners for solid door replacements are black.
- Solid overlay doors do not have door shelves.
- Service may be required to install the door.
- Costs to replace the new door are the responsibility of the customer.
- High altitude glass doors may also be replaced with a solid overlay door for models listed.
- This does not include changing any stainless steel model to a solid stainless door.
- Below is a chart indicating the correct solid door part number to order by model and hinge:
|Model||Solid Door Part #||Notes|
(RH or LH)
|IW-18 (RH)||7031923|| |
|IW-18 (LH)||7031924|| |
|IW-24 (RH)||7031925|| |
|IW-24 (LH)||7031926|| |
|IW-27 (RH)||7012507|| |
|IW-27 (LH)||7012508|| |
|IW-30 (RH)||7031927|| |
|IW-30 (LH)||7031928|| |
|IW-30R (RH)||7031929|| |
|IW-30R (LH)||7031930|| |
See also, Wine Storage Solid Door Weight Limits.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero and Wolf service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Toll-free (800) 222-7820