- How to change the oven temperature set point during the Sabbath.
- How to set a different cooking temperature in Sabbath mode.
- Turn the oven on to a standard Bake mode before entering Sabbath mode.
- Lower the baking set point to temperatures in 10° increments until the unit thinks it is in a proof mode.
- When decreasing the temperature, the unit will drop slowly. Allow 10 to 15 minutes to ensure the new set point is reached.
- Then the control, thinking it is in proof, will not allow a change in the set point above maximum set point for proof of 110°F.
- If Convection Roast mode or Roast mode are selected, then the set point cannot be lowered below 170°F and raised when needed for meal preparation.
- Therefore, Roast modes are preferred where reducing the set point is planned during the Sabbath observation. Lowering food one rack position (compared to bake mode) should avoid over-dry food.
- If the temperature is lowered below 200°F, the unit will get stuck in proof mode.
- When in proof mode, the temperature cannot be raised to bake without taking the unit out of Sabbath mode first.
- Be aware that if you lower the temperature too far in BAKE mode, [below 110ºF (43ºC)], the oven will stay in this lower temperature mode or "PROOF" mode and must be turned off and restarted to raise the temperature over 110ºF (43ºC). Since this can not be done on Yom Tov, it is advisable to get an analog oven thermometer to place in the oven and monitor the temperature. Once the temperature stabilizes, you can monitor the actual oven temperature and adjust the temperature accordingly.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820