- How to clean residue from a blue porcelain oven
- What cleaning products are recommended for use on the blue porcelain?
- Oven not completely clean after self-clean
- Discoloration of the porcelain inside oven
- What is the best way to clean a spill in an oven?
- Can a steamer be used to clean the oven interior?
To clean a blue porcelain oven interior:
- Use a razor blade to lift baked-on foods from the oven cavity and window. See Clean Oven Window.
- Spray stubborn stains with a mild abrasive cleaner or spray degreaser.
- Refer to the Wolf Cleaning Guide for product recommendations and further information.
- Scrub with a no-scratch Scotch-Brite™ pad (pink or blue).
- Wash the entire oven cavity with soap and water to remove all cleaning chemicals.
- Enter the self-clean cycle on the Wolf Dual Fuel or Built-In Wall Oven.
- Allow the oven to cool completely after the self-clean cycle and wipe out ash with a damp cloth.
- For tough stains of white or gray ash, use a mild abrasive cleaner and scrub with a no-scratch Scotch-Brite™ pad (pink or blue).
- Wipe with a damp cloth to remove cleaner.
- Do not allow food with a high sugar or acid content (i.e. milk, tomatoes, fruit juices) to remain on any porcelain enamel surface. Failure to remove these foods may cause a permanent dull spot.
- If the cleaning chemicals are not cleaned from the cavity thoroughly with soap and water, etching of the porcelain may occur.
- Never wipe a warm or hot porcelain surface with a damp cloth or sponge, as this may cause chipping or crazing (hairline cracks).
- Some porcelain may come off when wiping the oven. This is normal and causes no harm. As the oven expands and contracts, there may some slight flexing of the oven cavity.
- Wolf does not suggest using a steamer to steam clean the oven interior.
- Refer to Dual Fuel and Built-in Ovens Interior Cleaning and Care Video.
- Run self-clean as often as necessary. Typically it is not needed more than a few times per year for heavy cleaning only. Use other tips for light cleaning.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero and Wolf service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Toll-free (800) 222-7820