- What is the Descaling Solution part number for the Coffee System?
- EC24 Descaling Solution
- Where to purchase Coffee System Descaling Solution, part # 824828
- Where to purchase Coffee Care Kit, part # 824768
- How to descale a Wolf Coffee System
- Brand of descaling solution
- Can a solution other than EcoDecalk be used to descale the Coffee System?
- How soon do you have to run the descaling?
Steps to Verify Issue:
- Remove the water tank and empty completely.
- Pour diluted descaler (as indicated on the package) into the water tank, then reinstall.
- Use 4 oz. of descale solution and a full tank of water.
- Install the water spout, then hold a large container, more than 50 oz (2 L), under the spout.
- A pitcher or similar vessel works well.
- A container designed to sit on the tray under the spout is not available.
- Refer to EC24 Coffee System Displays Insert Water Spout for installation instructions.
- When the appliance is on, press to access options.
- Press or until ‘DESCALE’ is displayed, then press. ‘DESCALING UNDERWAY’ will appear on the display.
- After 30 minutes, ‘RINSING FILL TANK’ is displayed. Fill the water tank with water and empty the large container, then reinstall.
- Press . ‘RINSING PLEASE WAIT’ will appear on the display.
- Once the cycle is complete, ‘RINSING COMPLETE’ will appear on the display, then fill container and press.
- Press and then press.
The Coffee System flow meter counts the quantity of water used. When the quantity reaches the set limit according to water hardness, the appliance displays "Descaling".
- Water hardness is an adjustable setting with 4 water hardness setting options.
- 1 is low water hardness and 4 is high water hardness.
- There is no standard for how often a coffee system will require descaling as it is based on individual use.
- Refer to Coffee System Water Requirements for information on adjusting the water hardness level on the unit.
The Coffee System Quick Start Guide provided with the descaling solution details the descaling process.
- Use only EcoDecalk descaling solution to descale the Wolf Coffee System.
- Coffee System descaling solution, part # 824828, includes 2 bottles of EcoDecalk descaling solution.
- EcoDecalk is an ecological descaler made with 100% lactic acid
- 16.9 fluid oz. bottles for 4 descaling uses each
- See also, Coffee System Care Kit.
- Descaling takes about 45 minutes.
- If the descaling message displays as soon as the descale is complete, descale the machine again, it did not descale properly.
- If the unit doesn't start descaling, turn power off and reset the circuit breaker. If the descale still does not function properly, contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
- Wolf suggests descaling as soon as the message appears.
- Descaling frequency varies by use and water hardness.
- Using a descaling solution other than EcoDecalk may result in the descale message appearing more frequently.
- If descaling message appears before expected, verify the water hardness setting. See Coffee System Water Requirements for more information.
- Ensure EcoDecalk is the only descaling solution being used.
- The Coffee System will work without descaling, but taste and functionality are compromised until the system is descaled.
- Descaling solution is not included with EC24 Coffee Systems due to the chemicals in the solution.
Refer to the product use and care guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero and Wolf service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Toll-free (800) 222-7820