- Does the Convection Steam Oven (CSO) electrical have to be in a cabinet to the right or left of the unit?
- Can the CSO electrical outlet be in a cabinet above or below the CSO?
- Why must the electrical supply be placed in an adjacent cabinet and not directly behind the CSO?
- Does the CSO use a power cord or is it hardwired?
- What type of power cord does the CSO use?
The electrical outlet for a CSO must be within 3' of the right, left, top, or bottom of the unit cavity opening.
- The plug on the CSO's power cord is a 6' NEMA 6-20R grounding-type plug that protrudes from the electrical outlet approximately 3".
- The CSO comes with the power cord already installed.
- Grounded indicates earth ground and no neutral wire required.
- Depending on cabinet depth and type of installation, the power cord plug may prevent the unit from being installed properly because it cannot be pushed into the cabinet fully.
- Unless you are using cabinets deeper than 24" for a standard installation or 25" for a flush inset installation, the electrical supply for the convection steam oven must be placed in an adjacent cabinet within reach of the 6' power cord.
- The electrical supply can be located in an adjacent cabinet, above or below the CSO as long as it is in a separate opening from the Convection Steam Oven.
- The electrical supply connects on the lower right hand side when looking at the back of the unit.
- Wolf does not suggest hardwiring the Convection Steam Oven.
- Running the unit on a 208 Volt power supply can lead to performance issues such as longer preheat times.
- To minimize shock hazard, the power cord must be plugged into a grounding-type receptacle, grounded to conform with the National Electrical Code, ANSI/NFPA 70 latest edition, or Canadian Electrical Code (CSA) and all local codes and ordinances. Refer to the illustrations below.
|240/208 V AC, 60 Hz|
|Service||20 amp dedicated circuit|
|Receptacle||NEMA* 6-20R grounding-type|
|Power Cord||6' (1.8)|
*National Electrical Manufacturers Association.
WARNING: ELECTRICAL SHOCK HAZARD: PLUG INTO A GROUNDED 3-PRONG OUTLET. DO NOT REMOVE THE GROUND PRONG. NO NOT USE AN ADAPTER. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAN RESULT IN ELECTRICAL SHOCK, FIRE OR DEATH!
Refer to the product installation guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820