- Will the dispenser auger motor turn if the ice bucket is removed?
- How can the dispenser auger motor be tested?
- No noise is heard when the ice dispense or bulk ice button is pressed
- Dispenser auger does not stop spinning
- Auger will not turn
Steps to Verify Issue:
In 500 and 600 Series units, the dispenser auger motor will not turn with the ice bucket removed or the freezer door open.
- The auger motor will turn with the ice bucket removed or door open in Built-In Series units.
To test the auger motor:
- Verify ice dispenser is not locked.
- Verify water dispense feature works.
- Ensure ice bucket is properly installed and freezer door is closed.
- Press ice button on the dispenser; the auger motor noise should be audible.
- Press bulk ice button inside the refrigerator section; the auger motor noise should be audible.
- Remove ice bucket and depress the door switch and ice bucket switch if equipped.
- Press ice button on the dispenser; the auger motor should be visible.
- Press bulk ice button inside the refrigerator section; the auger motor should be visible.
- If the auger motor does not stop spinning:
- Ensure ice dispenser key on control panel is not stuck.
- Ensure ice bucket is installed properly.
- Cycle unit's power at circuit breaker.
- See also, Dispenser Auger Assembly information.
- See also, Ice Dispenser Not Working.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero and Wolf service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Toll-free (800) 222-7820