- Improper gas supply type or pressure
- Low fuel tank (LP tank)
- Improper gas/air mixture; gas orifice adjustment needed
- Improper primary or secondary air
- Burner head not position properly
- Burner assembly dirty or damaged
- Too many CFM's on DD blower
- What color should the flames of a gas surface burner be?
- What are the characteristics of a properly lighted gas burner?
- Should flame appearance or size change from high to medium to low to simmer?
- Medium and low flame look the same
- Flame is too large, too high, too low, too small, pulsates, pulsating, bounces, or dances.
- What would cause the flame to be very high on low to high but normal on simmer?
- Downdraft is sucking out flames
With the proper gas and air mixture, a flame of natural gas should be blue with a deep blue inner cone and have no trace of yellow flame
- With liquid propane gas, some orange tipping is normal.
- There may not be a discernible visual difference between medium and low flame setting.
- In both cases, the flame should be essentially odorless.
- Depending on fuel source, burner size, and temperature (simmer, low, medium high) some vibration or rumbling noise may be heard; this is normal.
- Ensure the burner is clean, see Wolf Cleaning Reference Guide for more information
- If gas burner is not operating correctly, or flame is not normal, refer to Gas Surface Burner Troubleshooting.
Flame Quality Affected by Downdraft
- If the blower CFMs are too high, it is possible that the power of the blower will suck out the flames on a surface burner
- Try a lower speed setting on the blower
- Refer to the Wolf Ventilation Guide
- See also, Gas Burner Ignition Operation
Refer to the product use and care guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Toll-free (800) 222-7820