- Should flame appearance or size change from high to medium to low to simmer?
- Medium and low flame look the same
- Should the simmer burner be on all the time?
The flame location will change depending on the Wolf product; however, burner operation and flame appearance will be the same.
Sealed Burners (GR Gas Ranges, Sealed Rangetops, Dual Fuel, Gas Cooktops)
- Sealed burners have two sets of gas ports around the perimeter of the burner assembly
- The lower ring is for Simmer, while the upper rings is for High, Medium and Low
- The flame should only originate from the upper or lower ring for the appropriately selected setting
Open Burners (R Gas Ranges, RT Gas Rangetops)
- Open burners have two sets of gas ports, one around the outer burner ring and the other around the center cap
- The flame will originate from both the center cap and the outer ring in High, Medium and Low settings and from the center cap only in Simmer
- When increasing the burner setting from simmer or low to a higher setting, only half the burner ring may ignite
- Burners are designed to ignite on high, and proper ignition will not take place at medium
- When going back to a higher level from low, turn burner fully to high to reestablish ignition, then adjust down to desired level
Refer to the product use and care guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero and Wolf service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Toll-free (800) 222-7820