- Electrode dirty or defective
- Defective solenoid
- Loose or broken connection between components
- Defective thermostat
- No power
- No gas
- Defective DSI board
- Electrode wire pinched or defective
- Convection fan running during preheat
- How long does it take (seconds) for the GR gas oven bake or broil burner to ignite?
- Should the oven bake or broil burner light within a certain amount of time?
- What causes a gas oven or broiler not to ignite?
- Oven or broiler is not igniting or will not turn on
- No heat
Steps to Verify Issue:
- Verify the convection fan is not running during preheat, as this may cause the flame to lift off of the burner where the electrode cannot detect flame.
- Turn the convection fan off during the preheat cycle.
GR Series Gas Range Oven burners should ignite in within 40 seconds. The oven ignitor will click until the DSI board senses ignition. A whoosh sound may be heard upon ignition.
- If the oven fails to ignite and the Call for Heat (CFH) indicator light flashes, turn the knob off and then back on.
- A slow flashing CFH indicates that the oven attempted two ignitions without success, and the unit entered a safety lock-out mode.
- If the burner does not ignite within seven seconds, the oven purges the gas for 40 seconds and attempts to reignite.
- It is best to wait until the CFH flashes before cycling the unit off and back on.
- If the oven or infrared broil burner is not igniting, discontinue use until repaired.
- For additional information, refer to:
If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero and Wolf service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Toll-free (800) 222-7820