- How to clean oven racks or oven rack guides
- Can oven racks or oven rack guides be self-cleaned in an oven or placed in a dishwasher?
- Oven racks not sliding well, stick, screech, or squeak
- Can the oven racks and slides be re-greased, greased, or lubricated if squeaking?
- Oven racks left in oven during self-clean and now tarnished or discolored
Oven racks may become discolored with normal use.
- Some cooking methods result in heavier or more frequent staining such as broiling meat with high fat content and spilling acidic food like tomato sauce.
- Wolf does not suggest replating or refinishing oven racks if damage occurs.
- Oven racks and rack guides should be removed from the oven during self clean to avoid discoloration, warping, or permanent damage of the racks.
- Standard oven racks (not full extension ball-bearing racks) are dishwasher safe. However, a dishwasher may not remove all heavy stain build-up.
- See also:
To clean oven racks and removable rack guides:
- Wolf recommends first using Carbona® 2 in 1 Oven Rack and Grill Cleaner. See How to Use Carbona® for more information.
- Carbona has been discontinued, but is still available at many online retailers such as Amazon.
- Wolf suggests the following products as alternatives to Carbona:
- Krud Kutter Greaser and Degreaser
- Mr. Muscle Oven and Grill Cleaner
- Greased Lightning Multi-Purpose Cleaner and Degreaser
- Weinman Oven and Grill Cleaner
- Place racks and guides in a large 33-gallon heavy duty garbage bag.
- Spray racks and guides in the bag. Turn over and spray well again.
- Using a wire twist tie, tightly close the bag.
- Allow to rest for at 18-20 hours (overnight).
- Using plastic gloves, remove guides and racks from the bag and spray both sides with hot water.
- Clean racks with a brush or sponge if necessary, to remove stubborn areas.
- Dry and replace in oven.
For other cleaning methods, remove oven racks.
- Clean with hot water and mild detergent or a paste of baking soda and water.
- Degreasers or Easy-Off® Fume Free Oven Cleaner along with a blue Scotch-Brite™ pad may be used sparingly.
- Rinse and towel dry.
Do not use ammonia. Refer to Oven Cleaning with Ammonia for additional information.
If necessary, contact a Factory Certified Parts Distributor to order replacement grates or oven racks.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Toll-free (800) 222-7820