- How to remove, install, or replace the water filter in Built-In (BI) models
- Water filter icon appears on control panel
- How to remove a microbiological or color, taste, and odor (CTO) water filter
- How to replace part number 7023811, 7023812, or former part number 7005017
- Water filter difficult to install or remove
The Built-In (BI) Series water filter icon appears on the control panel when it is time to replace the water filter. To replace the water filter:
- To access the water filter, pull out on the bottom edge of the grille assembly, and tilt the grille frame forward.
- Remove the old filter by pushing the cartridge in and pull it out.
- A small amount of water in the filter cartridge may spill out. This is normal.
- A jar opener can help provide a better grip for a hard-to-remove filter.
- If it cannot be removed, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
- Remove the new filter from the packaging and carefully remove the plastic caps.
- Line up the cartridge so that the locking tabs can be inserted into the filter manifold.
- Push the cartridge in until you hear a click.
- Pull slightly on the new cartridge to verify it is securely installed.
- Press and hold the filter reset button for five seconds to reset the water filter life monitor.
- When using the water filtration system for the first time and after filter replacement, it is necessary to clear any air from the system and allow the filter to assist in cleaning the water lines.
- For non-dispenser models, discard the first two full containers of ice.
- For dispenser models, dispense several glasses of water for a period of two minutes.
- Refer to Sub-Zero Does Not Have a Water Filtration System for a list of units that have a water filter and those that do not.
- See also:
Microbiological Water Filter (7023811)
Refer to the product use and care guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero and Wolf service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Toll-free (800) 222-7820