- How to install the ice maker control arm, connecting rod or shut-off arm
- Ice maker leveling arm is stuck in the up position, how do you lower it?
- Will the ice maker turn off on its own, or must it be manually turned off/on?
Steps to Verify Issue:
- If the arm is locked in the up position, firmly press down on the arm to lower it. If the arm will not lower, do not force it, as it could break the arm.
- It is possible that the ice maker is in a harvest cycle preventing the arm from lowering manually or an internal component is broken.
- If the ice maker control arm, connecting rod or shut-off arm is broken or not installed properly, ice production may stop, or the ice bucket may overflow as the ice maker continues to produce ice after the ice bucket is already full.
- If the ice maker control arm is stuck in the up position and there is ice in the ice maker, defrost the freezer and reset unit at circuit breaker.
- See also, Ice Maker Control Arm Falls Off.
- Once the ice bucket is filled, the control arm will turn the ice maker off until the ice level is lowered.
- Refer to the product use and care guide for further information.
- Contact a Factory Certified Parts Distributor to order parts, part numbers can be serial number specific.
- See Sub-Zero Serial Tag Locations if needed.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero and Wolf service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Toll-free (800) 222-7820