- How to manually defrost the freezer section?
- Ice or frost building up inside top area of freezer section
- Ice on the back wall of the freezer
- Built-In Series Manual Compartment Disable Instructions
- Integrated Series Manual Compartment Disable Mode
- 700 Series Manual Compartment Disable Instructions
- 600 Series units:
- Starting with serial number 1810000: 600 Series Disable Single Section Starting with Serial Number 1810000
- For 600 Series units prior to serial number 1810000, it is not possible to disable a single section.
- See also, 600 Series Disable Single Section Before Serial Number 1810000.
- For dial control units, turn the control down past 1 to the "off" position.
- Refer to Turn Off Dial Control Refrigerator or Freezer for more information.
- Remove food and place in another unit if possible.
- Place towels on the floor of the freezer or on the kitchen floor in front of the unit to catch water created during the defrost process.
- Leave the door open during defrost.
- Wave a hair drier on a medium setting over any visible ice or frost.
- Fill a bowl with hot water and place inside the freezer with the door closed, as the hot water evaporates it may speed up the defrosting process but does require frequent changing of the hot water.
- The entire defrost process could take several hours depending on the original circumstances requiring the defrost.
- Wait 24 hours for the unit to return to normal temperatures after correcting any of the above.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820