- Installation issue
- Power failure
- Position or sensing switch
- Drawer motor
- Control unit
- Drawer slides or rails
- Microwave drawer will not open, drawer is locked
- Microwave drawer will not close, drawer is stuck
- Microwave drawer does not respond when pressing the open or close button or key.
- Can the microwave drawer be opened or closed by hand?
- Microwave drawer will not stay closed
- MD Microwave Drawer drawer pops open
Steps to Verify Issue:
If unit is new installation:
- Ensure unit is installed properly and leveled. Refer to the product installation guide for further information.
- Ensure nothing is blocking the door's path from closing properly.
In existing installations:
- Ensure nothing is blocking the unit's path. Remove any obstacle.
- If food placed in drawer is too heavy, remove or reduce food weight.
- Ensure power is supplied to the unit.
- Turn the home circuit breaker to the unit off for 30 seconds then back on again. Retest the unit operation.
- Ensure proper mounting screws are being used.
- Oversized screws create a binding issue causing the drawer to not close fully.
Always press the OPEN or CLOSE pad on the control panel to open or close the drawer microwave.
- Do not push or pull the drawer microwave by hand, except in case of emergency such as a power failure.
- If necessary, push or pull slowly.
- See also, Service for Microwave Drawers.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero and Wolf service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Toll-free (800) 222-7820