- Why does the oven shut off when opening the oven door?
- Oven shuts off when the oven door is opened
- Should the oven turn off when the door opens?
Steps to Verify Issue:
Oven convection fans and broil element will turn off when the oven door is opened. However, the unit should not lose power.
- If the oven loses power when the door is opened, shut the oven off and reset the circuit breaker.
- Attempt to use the oven again.
In any Convection mode (Convection, Convection Bake, Convection Broil, or Convection Roast) or during preheat when the convection fans are operating, the convection fans turn off when the door opens. This is to prevent heat from blowing into the kitchen or onto the user. This is normal.
- An electric broil element will also turn off when the door is opened. Refer to Electric Oven Broiler Use.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820