- What size, wattage, and color bulbs are used in Pro series ventilation hoods?
- How many light bulbs are in a Pro ventilation hood?
- When did the light bulb style change in Pro hoods; are the light bulbs halogen?
- Ventilation hood light bulbs do not work, burnt out, burn out soon after replacement, or replacement bulbs do not work
- Pro ventilation hood replacement light bulb part numbers
Steps to Verify Issue:
If Pro series ventilation hood lights do not work:
- Verify that power is supplied to the hood.
- Replace bulbs.
- Standard bulbs are incandescent, but halogen bulbs can be used.
- Wolf does not recommend replacing lights with LED bulbs.
- Using a bulb with a larger wattage than listed is not suggested since the hood is not rated for higher wattage.
- Bulbs with lower wattage may be used but will not be as bright.
- Wear gloves for safety when replacing light bulbs.
- Touching halogen bulbs with bare hands can cause them to burn out quickly.
- Standard bulbs for task lighting are shipped with the unit.
Light bulbs are available for purchase at local hardware stores or through an authorized Factory Certified Parts Distributor. Heat lamps must be purchased separately.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
Pro series ventilation hoods use two different style light bulbs for task lighting:
- A push-and-twist style, GU10-120 V, 50 W halogen light bulb, part number 815585, is used on:
- Pro Wall (PW) hoods starting with serial (SWS) # 11397161
- Pro Wall Chimney (PWC) hoods SWS # 14805508
- Pro Island (PI) hoods
- Pro Liner (PL) hoods
- A screw-in style, Par20-120 V, 50 W incandescent light bulb, part number 811189, is used on:
- PW series hoods prior to serial (PTS) # 11397161
- PWC series hoods PTS # 14805508
- W series wall hoods
- I series island hoods
- L series hood liners
- For the models above, the standard bulbs are incandescent.
- If LED bulbs are used, they may only work on the high light setting.
- For this reason, Wolf does not suggest use of CFL or LED lights on models that did not come with them.
- 27" deep wall hoods are equipped with two heat lamp receptacles. Refer to Pro Hood Heat Lamps for more information.
- Halogen bulbs are floodlights.
Light bulb quantities:
|Pro Hood 2003 - 2008 Model||Pro Hood 2008 - Present Model||Number of Light Bulbs|
|22" Deep Hoods|
|24" Deep Hoods|
|27" Deep Hoods*|
|Wall Chimney Hoods|
* All 27" deep hoods also have receptacles for 2 heat lamp bulbs.
Contact a Factory Certified Parts Distributor to order parts.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero and Wolf service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Toll-free (800) 222-7820