- What temperature should a refrigerator or freezer be set at?
- Number to set refrigerator or freezer to on the control dial
- Best temperature to set a wine storage unit to
- Temperature range in a freezer or refrigerator
- How to change the temperature setting
- Recommended temperatures
The temperature range in a Sub-Zero with an electronic control panel is 34° - 45°F (1° - 7°C) degrees in the refrigerator and -5° to 5°F (-20° to -15°C) degrees in the freezer.
- In units with an electronic control panel, the factory settings of 38°F (3°C) in a refrigerator and 00°F (-18°C) in a freezer are ideal food storage temperatures as they cover most foods.
- Setting the temperature higher or lower than factory settings will cause the unit to run more or less, according to set temperature.
- It is not possible to set a temperature higher or lower than the range listed above.
- Storing food above 45°F is not safe.
- Always allow 24 hours for unit to reach new temperature setting.
- If the unit will not maintain set temperature, refer to Warm Refrigerator Troubleshooting or Warm Freezer Troubleshooting for more information.
- For units running too cold, verify the proper temperature units (°F or °C) are displayed. Refer to Extremely Cold Temperature on Display.
- See also:
Electronic Control Panels
For Integrated Refrigeration and Integrated Wine Storage models, see Integrated Series Temperature Adjustment. For 400, 600, 700, Built-In, UC Undercounter and 648PRO Series:
- Press the colder or warmer key for the desired section.
- For units that have a "zone" feature, select the desired zone then press the colder or warmer key.
- Unit normally displays actual temperature.
- When the colder or warmer key is pressed, unit will display the set temperature.
- After setting to desired temperature, display will return to actual temperature after 3 seconds.
- The temperature change is not immediate. Allow 24 hours for the unit to reach the set temperature. An audible 'beep' occurs during this operation.
200, 300 and 500 Series models with dial control thermostats use these instructions.
- In units with a dial control, set the dial between 4 and 6. 1 is warmest setting and 10 (or 7 on some models) is coldest.
- For instructions on adjusting the setting see:
Refer to the product use and care guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero and Wolf service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Toll-free (800) 222-7820