- Refrigerator or freezer lights do not work
- Lights will not turn on
- Light terminator shut lights off
- Lights only work if light switch is wiggled, flicked, moved
- All light bulbs replaced and the lights still do not work
- How to replace light switch, part number 7014646, 7004257, 7007259
- Function of the switch next to the light switch
- How many light switches are in the unit?
Replacing a light switch in a Sub-Zero side-by-side unit is an easy repair that does not require a service technition.
- Refer to No Lights in Refrigerator or Freezer for troubleshooting steps.
- See also, Over-and-Under Unit Freezer Light Switch Location
Tips to Replace a Light Switch
- See light switch instructions by model below.
- Light switch instructions do not come with light switches when shipped.
- The switch is located above the unit behind the grille on the 500 and 600 Series models.
- Tools required are a Phillips head screw driver, T-20 Torx head screw driver, and pliers.
- The outer grille frame may need to be removed for complete access to switches.
- Make sure there is no power to the unit by turning off the circuit breaker.
- The switch wires may be very tight depending on the age of the unit. Firmly pulling the wires by hand should remove them from the light switch.
- If necessary, carefully pull at the base of the wire with a needle nose pliers to remove the wire from the light switch.
- Contact a Factory Certified Parts Distributor to order parts.
|200 / 300 Series||7014646|
7014646 Light Switch Instructionsand Photo of Switch Replacement
7004257 Light Switch Instructions
|500 Series (excluding 501)||7014646||Light Switch Instructions and|
|600 Series (excluding 601)||7014646||Light Switch Instructions and|
|501 and 601 Models||7004257||501 and 601 Models|
See also, 501 and 601 Series Grille Removal
|Built-In Series||7007259||Built-In Series Light Switch Replacement|
|424, 427 Models||7004257||Light Switch Instructions|
|700 Series Upper Cabinet||7004257||Light Switch Instructions|
|700 Series Drawers||N/A||Must be replaced by FCS|
*The part number is the same for both the refrigerator and freezer switches.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Toll-free (800) 222-7820