- Should the door or drawer on a 500, 600, BI, NGI, 400 or 700 Series unit close on its own?
- Should the door on a 400, 500, 600, BI, NGI or 700 Series stay open?
- Which interior drawers have the soft close feature?
- Do Sub-Zero interior drawers have a self close feature?
- When should the refrigerator drawer self close?
- Do 200 and 300 Series units have a self close feature?
BI Series, Integrated Column, and Integrated products have soft close refrigerator drawers; interior freezer drawers do not have the soft close feature.
- As the interior refrigerator drawer is pushed close, the soft close mechanism and the drawer slide will eventually catch and self close the drawer with a soft pull action.
- The "catch" of the soft close will be felt once the drawer is within approximately 1" of being closed.
- See also, Sub-Zero Door and Drawer Self Close Not Working
- There is no self close or soft close feature on 200 or 300 series units.
Over/Under and French Door Models
- The refrigerator door has a door closing cam to help close the door.
- For a Built-In (BI) Model, with the door opened to 110°, the hinge will hold in the open position if the door is stopped. As you close the door, the cam will take over at about 15° to help close the door.
- For 500 and 600, Integrated and 700 Series models, the door cam helps close the door starting at about 45° open.
- Door flexing is possible if a door swings open by itself under its own weight, it may flex a bit more than the maximum opening degree.
All Refrigerator, All Freezer, Side-by-Side and Undercounter Models
- For a Built-In (BI) Model, with the door opened to 110°, the hinge will hold in the open position if the door is stopped. As you close the door, the hinge will take over at about 15° to help close the door.
- For 500, 600 and 700 Series models, the door cam helps close the door starting at about 45° open.
- For 500, 600 and 700 Series models, freezer baskets and drawers must be manually closed all the way.
- For Undercounter (UC) Models, the refrigerator and freezer doors have spring-loaded closure mechanisms. As the doors are closed, the door closure engages to help close and seal the doors.
- Undercounter (UC) Models had an upgrade to the closer mechanism in 2014.
- The new type door closer uses magnetic close assist to close the door when partially opened.
- For the 400 Series Model, with the door opened to 110°, the hinge will hold in the open position if the door is stopped. As you close the door, the hinge will take over at about 15° to help close the door.
- The soft close feature, found on high-end cabinetry, gives Integrated Refrigeration a rich, sturdy feel and noiseless operation.
- It slows the closing action down for smooth operation, and help to ensure the doors close fully.
- See also, Integrated Door Self Close Feature
Refer to the product use and care guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Toll-free (800) 222-7820