- Why is the door hard to close?
- Why do I have to use both hands to close the refrigerator door?
- Door does not close as easily as before?
- Door seems to pop or come open slightly on its own after closing.
- Refrigerator door will not stay shut
- Door is not self closing like it used to
Steps to Verify Issue:
- If unit is a new installation and there are door closing issues, verify the unit is properly leveled and installed to specifications.
- Inspect path of door travel for any blockage by inspecting placement of food items inside unit.
- Inspect door liner, door gasket, door shelves, interior shelves, and interior drawers to verify each is in proper location, properly closed, and not broken, ripped, torn, or bulging to a point that may block door travel.
- Verify nothing prevents the hinge mechanism from closing properly.
- Inspect door hinge mechanism for any cracks, chips, missing screws, damaged plates or broken cams.
- Replace any broken hinge components.
- For 600 Series models, see Gallon Door Shelf information.
- 511, 550, 611 & 650 units have two plastic cams in the lower door hinge. If these cams are damaged, door operation is affected.
- Integrated products in a dual installation using the Handle to Handle dual install kit, the trim provided with the kit must be used or it prevents the door from closing and sealing.
- See also:
- Sub-Zero Door Easy to Open
- Over-and-Under Freezer Compartment Will Not Open or Close
- Sub-Zero Door and Drawer Self Closing Operation
- Ice or Frost Build-Up in Freezer
- French Door Model Flipper Seal Does not Close Properly
- Sub-Zero Integrated Door Not Sealing
- Integrated Dual Installation Handle to Handle or Dual Drawer
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Toll-free (800) 222-7820