- Excessive freezer compressor run
- Error code 40 and Service Flashing on control panel
- How to reset EC40 flashing
- Panel is flashing, toggling between numbers and EC with a service light
Steps to Verify Issue:
- If temperatures are high and it is not likely a door ajar situation, contact Factory Certified Service.
- If temperatures are near normal:
- Clean the condenser.
- Press and hold the door ajar alarm key for 15 seconds to clear the error code.
- Do not clear the error code if temps are not near normal, do not return to normal, or continue to rise.
- If a service call is required, service will need to see the error code logged by the system.
- For Integrated products, make sure the kickplate is not completely covered by custom toe kick or enclosed in custom cabinetry.
- Even if unit has worked like this for years, it can cause issues including sealed system failure.
- Refer to the Sub-Zero Design Guide for design specifications.
If the error code or service message returns or temperatures rise, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Toll-free (800) 222-7820