- Hood does not pull or draw enough air
- Blower motor not working as expected or as well as expected
- Hood does not draw air or has poor air flow
Steps to Verify Issue:
Many factors could contribute to poor ventilation performance. If any of the following do not comply with Wolf guidelines, a qualified HVAC professional may need to review the ventilation installation.
- Verify the equivalent duct run is not greater than 40' for downdrafts or 50' for all other ventilation hoods.
- A second damper installed in the ventilation ductwork could contribute to a vacuum within the ductwork, causing performance issues.
- A make-up air damper may be needed, as a lack of make-up air contributes to a vacuum within the ductwork, causing performance issues. Refer to Make-Up Air Damper for more information.
- See also, Ventilation Hood Blower Does Not Operate.
- Refer to the Blower Motor Compatibility Chart for more information.
For further ventilation information, refer to the Wolf Ventilation Guide
If a functional problem with the hood or blower exists, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero and Wolf service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Toll-free (800) 222-7820