- Water leaking or spraying from water filter cartridge
- New water filter cartridge installed and water is leaking or spraying from the filter
- Sub-Zero leaking water after a new filter installation, but stopped leaking after the filter was removed
- Water is leaking or spraying from a new water filter or water manifold
- Cannot install a new water filter without having water leak or spray
- Why is water leaking or spraying from the water filter?
Steps to Verify Issue:
- Remove water filter from the water filter manifold. See How to Remove Water Filter.
- Verify the o-ring gaskets are in place on the filter prong(s). Filter may leak if they are out of place.
- Inspect the water filter cartridge for cracks or damage.
- If cartridge is cracked or damaged, contact the Sub-Zero Customer Care Team at (800) 222-7820, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. CST.
- Do not discard the water filter cartridge, it may be requested for inspection.
- If cartridge is NOT cracked or damaged, it is normal for a small amount (several drops) of water to spill out of the water filter during replacement.
- Reinstall the water filter. See How to Replace Water Filter.
- If water leak resumes, locate the water supply shut-off valve and turn the water supply off then remove the water filter from the manifold.
- See also, Water Line Shut Off Valve Location.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero and Wolf service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Toll-free (800) 222-7820