Sub-Zero Freezer Company and Wolf Appliance Company Announce 2005/2005 Kitchen Design Contest Judges
Madison, WI (Nov. 7, 2005) –Sub-Zero Freezer Co. and Wolf Appliance Co. are pleased to announce the seven industry experts that will serve as judges in their bi-annual Kitchen Design Contest.
The following professionals from various disciplines within the kitchen design industry will judge this prestigious contest, which honors design professionals who have helped make Sub-Zero and Wolf the definitive components of the uncompromised kitchen:
These judges will review the entries, and selections will be based on good use of space, innovative and brilliant kitchen design and good use of a Sub-Zero and Wolf appliance in a well-designed and beautiful home. Winners will be selected from the following categories:
- Jamie Drake, ASID, of Drake Design Associates, New York, NY
- Mick De Giulio of de Giulio kitchen design, inc., Chicago, IL
- MaryJo Camp of McPhails Appliance, San Jose, CA
- Wendy Mendes, AIA, of RTKL Associates, Coral Gables, FL
- Bob Schwartz of St. Charles of New York, New York, NY
- Matthew Quinn of Design Galleria Ltd., Atlanta, GA
- Patti Weaver, CKD, of Creative Design Solutions, Longmont, CO
Contestants first compete at the local level among fellow design professionals. The 50 regional winners from throughout North America receive a cash prize and a trip for two, scheduled for March 16-19, 2006, to The Breakers Resort in Palm Beach, Fla,, where they will compete for national honors. Cash prizes totaling $110,000 will be distributed to the national winners during the Spring 2006 celebration.
- Best kitchen utilizing a full-size Sub-Zero built-in 600 or integrated 700 unit and Wolf cooking instrument(s)
- Best use of 400 Series wine storage equipment in a unique location
- Best use of Sub-Zero 700 Series outside of a kitchen
- International Category: Best use of a Sub-Zero and/or Wolf
- Student Category: Best use of Sub-Zero and Wolf
All design and construction must be fully completed within the contest period, January 1, 2004, to December 31, 2005, and all entries must be received by Sub-Zero/Wolf no later than January 9, 2006.
The Sub-Zero/Wolf kitchen design contest is held every two years and recognizes kitchen designers, architects, interior designers and builders for advancing outstanding kitchen design.
For further information and the complete downloadable rules and entry blanks, please visit our subzero.com/contest or contact a local Sub-Zero/Wolf distributor representative.