Why read magazines when you’re shopping for appliances? Because they’re packed with more value than you realize.
- Instant inspiration: Home design magazines publish tons of beautiful kitchen images.
- Stories that explain why homeowners chose the appliances you see in the pics. (Do their cooking rituals resemble yours?)
- Photo captions that provide hard-working details.
- Ads promoting manufacturers’ cool new products, features, and finishes.
- Magazines take months to go from concept to newsstand. You may miss out on the latest product introductions.
- Editors who provide positive reviews, but shy away from printing negative ones for fear of alienating advertisers.
Get the best of both worlds—the singular focus of a manufacturer’s showroom coupled with the comparison-shopping opportunities offered by a retail showroom—by visiting the Architect & Designers Building in Midtown Manhattan or Chicago’s historic Merchandise Mart.