Why visit a manufacturer showroom?
For the same reason you visit a car dealership, even though you’ve already decided on a specific make and model: because the best way to experience a company’s exceptional product design is in person. Official showrooms have a manufacturer’s newest products, and often they’re installed in full-scale, working kitchen spaces.
- Evaluating quality and features in a hands-on environment. Beyond just opening doors and drawers, you can often test drive “live” appliances that are hooked up to gas or electricity.
- Watching cooking demonstrations hosted by professional chefs — and tasting the results.
- Brainstorming with chefs and other experts who can answer all your questions, and help you pick the right appliances for the way you live.
- Sidestepping the pressure to buy; in most cases sales are conducted elsewhere through authorized dealers.
- Connecting with experienced kitchen designers who are recommended by showroom staff.
- Not being able to compare competing brands in the same visit.
- You may live farther away from a showroom than you’re willing to travel.