- Frozen drain tube
- Food particles in drain tube causing clog
- Drain tube is frozen, clogged, or dirty
- Water behind or under crisper drawers
- Water coming out front of refrigerator door
- Ice behind crisper drawer in the drain area
- How to clear, clean, or unclog the drain tube
- 501, 511, 532, 542, 550, 561 clogged drain tube; 601, 611, 632, 642, 650, 661, 680, 685, 695 clogged drain tube
Steps to Verify Issue:
- Turn off the refrigerator either at the Unit On/Off button or turn the control dial down past 1 to OFF.
- Remove the crisper glass shelf, then the crisper drawer. Water or ice may collect behind the drawer.
- If there is ice on the floor of the refrigerator section, make sure the refrigerator dial control is set correctly to 38°F or 5 on a dial control. See Temperature Settings.
- Remove ice by defrosting unit or use a hair dryer on low to melt.
- Remove the two screws holding the kickplate to remove the kickplate at the bottom of the unit.
- On 601, 501, and 201 models, also remove the lower grille by removing the screws on right and left corners and then pull the bottom of the grille out and up to release it.
- Mix one quart of warm water with two caps full of bleach and a few drops of dish detergent to make a solution.
- If there is standing water in the trough that runs across the back wall, remove the water with a turkey baster, sponge, or towel.
- The drain trough extending across the back of the refrigerator is now visible. Use the turkey baster or similar to squirt or pour the bleach solution down the drain until it no longer overflows into the refrigerator and drains into the pan below the unit.
- Remove the drain pan when done, and clean it out since solution sitting in the pan could damage the plastic. See Sub-Zero Drain Pan Removal.
All Models Except 601, 501 601, 501 Models
- Install the kickplate and screws.
- Turn the unit back on.
- For clogged drains accompanied by poor temperatures, door sealing issues, or service indicators, contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
- See also:
- Compressed air may be used to clear out the drain tube, if desired.
- If a drain pan heater kit with coils is installed, preventing removal of the drain pan, leave the drain pan in place and use a turkey baster to empty it.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820