- Possible jammed ice cube
- Low water pressure
- Frozen ice maker fill tube
- Warm freezer temperature
- Water valve energized longer than fifteen seconds
- No ice production in 500 Series model
- Ice maker will not cycle on 500 Series product
- Ice maker does not work
Steps to Verify Issue:
- After the unit is turned on, wait 24 hours for ice production. It may take this long to see ice cubes in the ice bin.
- Verify the ice maker is turned on:
- Warm temperatures impact ice maker performance. Confirm the freezer temperature is at or below 5°F. Sub-Zero recommends 0°F freezer temperature.
- If the freezer temperature is higher than 5°F, see Warm Freezer Troubleshooting.
- Verify the condenser is clean. See Clean the 500 Series Condenser for instructions.
- If installed, verify the home inline water filter is not expired. See Inline Water Filters. See also, Sub-Zero Does Not Have a Water Filtration System.
- Confirm good water pressure to the unit. See How to Confirm Water Pressure.
- Make sure the ice bin is properly installed by verifying it is level and seated in place. On some models, the ice bin presses the ice maker switch. This varies from model to model.
- Verify ice maker shut-off arm is in the down position.
- Turn the unit off, and if the arm is up, push down gently. The ice maker arm only moves an inch. See also, Ice Maker Control Arm Will Not Lower.
- Verify the ice maker white plastic rudder arm is attached to the shut-off arm and reattach if needed. If broken or cracked, replace the ice maker shut-off arm.
- Make sure the water supply to the unit is turned on. Refer to Water Line Shut-Off Valve Location for details.
- Verify the ice maker is free of obstructions or jammed ice cubes.
- It may be necessary to defrost the freezer to clear the ice maker. Refer to Manually Defrost a Sub-Zero for instructions.
- Verify the ice maker water fill tube is not blocked. See Ice Maker Fill Tube Frozen.
- After freeing any blockages, turn the unit off, then on again to reset.
- If ice production stops often with the use of a reverse osmosis system or well water, a pressure booster or regulator may improve performance. Contact the reverse osmosis provider or speak with a plumber for suggestions.
- See also, Sub-Zero with Reverse Osmosis Water System.
If these troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
- Ice Maker YouTube Videos - instructs how to remove/install white plastic rudder arm
- 650-611-550-511 Ice Maker Control Arm
- Ice Production after Bucket Removal
- Ice Clumping Together in Ice Bin
- Ice Production and Ice Bin Capacity
- Blue or Green Ice Cubes or White Flecks in Ice
- Ice Maker Does Not Make Ice for more information and links to other product lines
Note: When the ice maker is turned on, water may not flow into it immediately.
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820