- How to access the light bulbs in a 500 Series Sub-Zero
- How to remove the light diffuser, light shield, or light guard on a 500 Series refrigerator
- Instructions for removing 500 Series light diffuser
- Change temperature dial bulb
- Change control lighting
To remove the light diffuser on a 500 Series Sub-Zero refrigerator and freezer compartment:
- Place your hands on the back edge of the shield and pull towards you to release.
- This shield may have a snug fit.
- Drop the front edge of the shield out of the channel and remove.
- The bulbs are now accessible.
- For light bulb information, refer to 500 and 600 Series Refrigerator Light Bulbs.
Image from 500 Series Use and Care Guide:
To install the light diffuser:
- Push the front edge of the shield into channel.
- Push the back edge up into position.
511 and 550 Model Freezer Light Bulb
The light bulb in the freezer compartment of models 511 and 550 is at the top front of the freezer. There is no light diffuser. The bulb is exposed. To see the bulb, use a small mirror to identify the bulb location.
Temperature Control Dial Light Bulb
Factory Certified Service is recommended to replace the bulbs on a temperature or control dial. The bulb itself is easy to change, but getting to the bulb requires partial disassembly of panels and shrouds, depending on the model configuration.
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820