- How to turn the ice maker off or on in a 501F, 511 or 550 Sub-Zero
- Ice maker in 501F, 511 or 550 does not shut off, turn off, or stop ice production with bucket removed
- Why does the ice maker stop working when the ice bin is removed?
Steps to Verify Issue:
- The ice maker is disabled (turned off) when the ice bucket is removed from the freezer basket. Replace the ice bin to restore ice production.
- If the ice maker does not stop operation with the bucket removed, inspect ice maker switch:
- Inspect the ice maker switch; if the switch is frozen or stuck closed, defrost the area with a hair drier on a medium setting.
- Make sure that no food items in the void of the removed ice bucket are pressing the ice maker switch when the drawer is closed.
- 511 and 550 switch is found slightly beneath and to the rear of the ice maker assembly.
- 501F switch is found slightly beneath and to the left of the ice maker assembly.
- If the ice maker does not resume operation in 24 hours with the ice bucket in place, refer to No Ice Production Troubleshooting.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820