- How do you replace a door or drawer gasket on a 648PRO?
- New door gasket distorted or bent
- What to do if door gasket ripped, torn, or cracked
- 648PRO door or drawer gasket replacement instructions
Steps to Verify Issue:
Door or drawer gasket ship with the replacement refrigerator gasket. Instructions are the same for refrigerator and freezer gaskets.
To replace a door or drawer gasket on the 648PRO:
- Allow gasket to reach room temperature before removing from the shipping carton.
- CAUTION: Hair dryers get extremely hot and can melt door gaskets! Use extreme caution to avoid over-heating!
- CAUTION: Do not over-tighten screws! Doing so may strip screw holes. If this should occur, use an alternate #10 screw (part number 6200150).
- Gaskets have a "memory" to their original shape, so distortions are temporary.
- To help in returning gasket to original form, immerse gasket in WARM water.
- Or lay gasket on flat surface, then use a hair dryer and CAREFULLY pass heat over distorted area(s), keeping hair dryer 8" to 10" away from gasket.
- A dart at the back of the door and drawer gaskets fit into channels built into the door and drawer liners.
- To remove a drawer gasket, the drawer must be removed from the unit.
- To remove a door or drawer gasket, pull the gasket dart from the channel in the door or drawer.
Note: On older models, silicone may have been used at the corners of the gasket to help hold it in place.
If a Refrigerator, Freezer, or Wine Storage unit door gasket is ripped, torn, or cracked, replace the gasket to avoid moisture issues inside the unit and to make sure of proper cooling continues. Sub-Zero recommends any door or drawer gasket replacement be completed by a service technician.
Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair. Genuine Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove parts are available by calling the Factory Certified Parts Distributor in your area. Only filters and cleaners are available for online purchase in the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove Store. Other parts are not available for purchase online. Use Locator to find the Parts Distributor for your area.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820