- Is it possible to disable only one zone in a 700 Series, Designer (Formerly Integrated) Sub-Zero for cleaning?
- If one section is turned off or shut down, will the other zone operate normally?
- Can just the freezer be turned off to defrost it?
- Can one drawer of a base drawer unit be turned off and leave the other on?
- Can you disable a compartment on the 700TF(I)?
- Shutdown mode on original 700 models
- How to turn off 700 Series
It is possible to disable only one section in a 700 Series Sub-Zero for cleaning or service purposes. To initiate Manual Zone Disable Mode, follow these steps:
- Turn the unit off, using the Unit On/Off key pad.
- Press and hold the Warmer key pad of the section you want to disable.
- While holding the Warmer key pad, turn the unit back on by depressing the Unit On/Off key pad.
- Release both keys.
- The disabled section will be indicated with "--" (double dashes) in place of temperature readings for the zone chosen, indicating all cooling functions for that zone are disabled.
- The lights will remain on in the disabled section.
- To return the unit to normal operation, repeat the steps above or press Unit On/Off key then the warmer button.
- See also, Manually Defrost a Sub-Zero.
700TF(I)'s and Base Drawer models do not have Manual Zone Disable.
- Earliest versions of the 700 Series (Prior to Serial Number 1648880) did not have a manual zone disable mode; however, there was a shutdown mode.
- Attempting to set temperatures warmer than control limits causes a shutdown mode.
- In shutdown mode, "--" will be appear.
- All unit functions will be suspended except the lights and door alarm.
- To end shutdown mode, press the Colder key.
Refer to the product use and care guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820