- Light bulb will not turn
- Can WD-40 or lithium grease be used on the light socket to help in removing the light bulb?
- Light bulb broke during removal and the metal is still in; how to remove metal that is stuck in the socket?
Steps to Verify Issue:
Turn off the electrical supply source at the circuit breaker before attempting to remove a broken or stuck light bulb. Do not spray WD-40 or other lubricant into the light socket, as it may damage electricals behind the light.
Replacement bulbs are available for purchase by calling the Factory Certified Parts Distributor in your area. Only filters and cleaners are available for online purchase in the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove Store. Other parts are not available for purchase online. Use Locator to find the Parts Distributor for your area.
Hard-to-Remove Light Bulbs
- Use a jar gripper with firm pressure to remove the bulb. Be careful to not break the light bulb, as injury may result.
- If the light bulb is still difficult to remove, slowly and carefully pry between the light bulb base and socket with a flat blade screwdriver.
- See also, Pro Hood Light Bulb Remover.
Broken Light Bulbs
- Use needle-nose pliers slowly and carefully turn and remove the light bulb.
- Cut a potato in half and insert it into/over the broken light bulb base. Turn the potato to remove the broken bulb.
If the bulb cannot be removed following these steps, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820