- How to access the freezer light bulb in a BI-30, BI-36 or BI-42UFD over-under unit
- Remove freezer section light bulb in BI-30U, BI-36U, BI-36UFD and BI-42UFD
- How do you remove the upper freezer basket and freezer light diffuser to access the light bulb in a BI-30U, BI-36U, BI-36UFD and BI-42UFD?
The lighting assembly is located behind the light diffuser at the top of the freezer compartment of a Classic (Formerly Built-In) (BI) Over-and-Under product.
To remove the light bulb:
- Remove top freezer basket by pulling the upper basket forward until it stops.
- Lift the front of basket up slightly, then push the upper basket slides back to disengage slide hooks from the slots at rear of basket assembly.
- Continue pulling the basket forward while lifting it up off the slides.
- Remove the freezer light diffuser, held in place in the ceiling of the freezer with diffuser retainers.
- Squeeze the diffuser at the middle so the edges disengage from the diffuser retainers, and pull the diffuser from the compartment ceiling.
- Turn the bulb counterclockwise to remove.
- Classic Series Model Light Bulbs
- Broken or Hard to Remove Light Bulb
- Refrigerator or Freezer Lights or Light Switch Not Working
Contact a Factory Certified Parts Distributor to order parts. If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820