- Can the alarm on a Classic (formerly Built-In) Series unit be silenced until service can address the issue?
- How to prevent alarm from constantly beeping, chiming, sounding
To silence the alarm of a Classic Series product that is constantly chiming, press and hold both the ALARM and POWER keys, then release both in less than 5 seconds.
- This sequence hides and silences the fault indicator for 24 hours.
- If the alarm does not silence, a service call will be necessary to diagnose and repair the product.
- Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
- To silence the alarm until service arrives, the unit will need to be turned off using the power button or at the home circuit breaker.
- The contents of the unit would need to be moved to a different refrigerator/freezer if this is done.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820