- How do you clean the condenser?
- "Service" or "Vacuum Condenser" is flashing
- Classic (formerly Built-In) is running constantly or not cooling
- Is there a chemical cleaner or degreaser that can be used to clean the condenser?
- There is a screen cage in front of the condenser, can it be removed?
- How do you remove the filter screen blocking the condenser?
Clean the condenser every six to twelve months. Failure to clean the condenser could result in temperature loss or mechanical failure or damage.
To clean the condenser:
- Press Power on the control panel to turn the unit off.
- Hold the center of the grille assembly at the bottom, then lift and rotate the grille up to expose the condenser area.
- Remove the water filter for easier access if needed. Either twist it or push it in to remove it.
How to Replace Twist In Style Water Filter
How to Replace Push In Style Water Filter
- Use a soft bristle brush attachment on a vacuum to remove dust and lint from the condenser area. A paint brush, air compressor on a low setting, or a can of compressed air also work to clean the condenser. If there is a build-up of dust or debris behind the screen the vacuum does not reach, use an air compressor on a low setting or a can of compressed air to blow the condenser clean.
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
- Sub-Zero with "Vacuum Condenser" or "Service" Flashing for information about other models.
- Warm Refrigerator Troubleshooting
- Sub-Zero Face Frame Is Hot
- Classic Series Custom Grille Panel Installation and Removal
If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair. Share any service indicators and current temperatures with the service company.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820