- Where to purchase replacement light bulbs for Classic (formerly Built-In) Series units
- How to replace BI light bulbs
- How long should light bulbs last?
- What size is the light bulb?
- Can blue or LED light bulbs be used as a replacement bulb in older models?
Classic (formerly Built-In) Series blue tint light bulbs and LED light bulbs can only be obtained through a Factory Certified Parts Distributor.
- Verify the part number and quantity needed with the table below.
- Starting with serial number 4380000, a long LED tube light is used in the crisper area. See also, Classic Series Crisper Drawer Lighting.
- Prior to serial number 4380000, there is one bulb located in the crisper area of refrigeration units.
- The crisper light bulb is the same as the overhead lighting.
- Model BI-42UFD has two bulbs in the crisper area.
- Other bulbs available in stores will fit our products, but the light color will not match.
- Alternate bulbs need a T10, medium base, 40W appliance bulb.
- Standard 40W appliance bulbs that fit these specifications tend to be yellowish.
- Standard appliance bulbs are available in local hardware or home improvement stores.
- Blue glass and LED light bulbs cannot be used in 500 or 600 Series units. Refer to a Parts Distributor for serial breaks on the 700 Series.
- LED bulbs do not go out immediately when turned off. They slowly fade when the door switch is pressed. This is normal.
- Longevity will vary based on how often the doors are opened and for how long per opening. Blue glass light bulbs have a life expectancy of 1000 hours.
- See also, Replacing Conventional Incandescent Light Bulbs with LED Light Bulbs.
|Model||# of Bulbs in Refrigerator||# of Bulbs in Freezer||Part Number|
|BI-30U||3||1||Prior to serial # 4380000: 7006999|
Starting with serial # 4380000:
*BI-42 prior to serial number 4100000 have only 2 freezer bulbs.
To replace a light bulb:
- Remove the light diffuser to gain access to the light bulbs. See also, Classic Series Light Diffuser Removal & Reinstallation.
- Remove the bulb by turning counterclockwise.
- Install the new bulb by turning clockwise.
- Install the light diffuser.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820