- Classic (formerly Built-In) Series Over-and-Under freezer drawer difficult to close
- BI freezer drawer rails or glide rails do not move smoothly
- Grease in freezer drawer glides is gummy
- Frost inside of freezer
- Freezer not closing or sealing
- 40-2-40, 40 2 40
- Part numbers 7009397 and 7031885
Steps to Verify Issue:
- Confirm there is no food behind baskets.
- Confirm that the drawer closers are not in closed position when drawer is open.
- Confirm drawer closer is oriented correctly to close the door.
- Closer latch is on the left side above the rail.
- Make sure that when the drawer is pulled out, the claw is forward.
- If it is flipped back or broken, it can hold the left side of the drawer out.
- Confirm that the lower basket is not installed backward.
- Lower basket has one edge that is straight, while the other is indented.
- The straight edge goes toward the front of the unit.
- Confirm that the lower basket retainers are not damaged, loose, or broken.
If these troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820