- Dimensions of the Classic (Formerly Built-In) (BI) flush inset stainless steel panels
- Size of dual flush inset stainless steel panels for BI models
- Stainless flush inset grille panel sizes for BI product
- Thickness, gauge, type, finish of the flush inset stainless steel panels
- Backer and spacer panel requirements for flush inset stainless steel panels
- Handles on stainless panels do not align when installed in a dual installation application
The flush inset and dual flush inset stainless steel panels for Classic (Formerly Built-In) models are the same size as suggested for custom flush inset panels for both single and dual flush inset applications.
- An overlay unit with flush inset panels, purchased separately, will be needed to achieve this look.
- Panels are designed for flush inset installations only.
- Look and finish is designed for flush inset.
- The panels will not work with a standard installation. The sides of the panels would show a seam and protrude forward, making for an undesirable appearance.
- Flush inset stainless steel panel information:
- The panel thickness of the flush inset stainless steel panels is 3/4".
- The 3/4" "thickness" is achieved by two 90 degree bends.
- Due to the weight of stainless steel, it is not a solid 3/4" thick panel.
- The panels are made of 18 gauge, 304 type stainless steel with a #4 brushed finish.
- Spacer and backer panels are not required.
- The handles are not replaceable or removable. Replace entire panel assembly if there is an issue with the handle.
- Panels are hinge specific to ensure offsets are correct when the panel is applied.
- Dual installation considerations:
- When installing two different style units (side-by-side, over/under, wine storage) using a dual installation kit, the handles may not align.
- Pro style handles do not align.
- Tubular style handles align at the top.
- A dual wide flush inset grille must be used.
- It is not possible to use single flush inset grilles if units are installed in a dual appliaciton.
- See also, Classic Series Metal Front Panel for installation instructions.
Refer to the Sub-Zero Design Guide for panel and design specifications.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820