- Use & care issues; such as spill over, charbroiler assembly.
- Unit issues; such as spark module, switch, electrode/igniter, gas supply, thermostat, or DSI.
- Installation issues; such as proper wiring and polarity of outlet if constant sparking.
- Constant or intermittent sparking or clicking on charbroiler
- Erratic burner flame, poor ignition, or no ignition of charbroiler
- Charbroiler does not ignite
- Low or poor charbroiler flame
- Charbroiler does not click
Steps to Verify Issue:
Charbroilers should light within several seconds of turning the burner on. The burner flame should cover the surface of the burner (rectangular ceramic mesh) and appear low and orange in color. If this is not the case, use the steps below to determine what might be causing an issue:
If unit is new installation:
- Ensure unit's power supply source is to specification.
- Check for proper wiring and polarity of outlet if constant sparking. An electrician may be needed.
- Ensure unit is configured for the proper gas type. If conversion is required, refer to:
For existing installations:
- If the igniter is wet, let the unit dry, use hairdryer to speed up the process.
- Carefully brush the igniter clean with a bristle brush or soft cloth.
- Ensure control knob is not stuck; remove control knob & reinstall.
- Push in on the knob and then release, the knob should slightly spring back into place.
- Verify the infrared burner pad is not clogged with food or grease drippings.
- Allow charbroiler to preheat for 10 minutes before and after use to burn-off any food residue.
- Use a toothpick or unfolded paperclip to remove any blockage in ports of infrared pad.
- Ensure charbroiler is properly assembled.
- DF Range, SRT Series Rangetop use a radiant plate.
- R Series Gas Range & RT Series Rangetops use a blank-off plate.
- GR Series Gas Range use both a blank-off plate and wire mesh screen.
- Reset the unit's power supply at the circuit breaker.
Refer to the product use and care guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820