- How to clean the condenser
- "Service" or "Vacuum Condenser" flashing
- Sub-Zero running constantly or not cooling
- Sub-Zero temperatures are warm or hot
- Chemical cleaner or degreaser that can be used to clean the condenser
Clean the condenser every six to twelve months to keep Sub-Zero refrigeration products operating their best. Clean the condenser more often if pets are present. Do not bend the aluminum fins of the condenser. Follow specific product condenser cleaning instructions below.
- Condenser cleaning chemicals and degreaser are available from several suppliers and online. They are not necessary to clean a Sub-Zero condenser and are not recommended by Sub-Zero.
Condenser Cleaning Instructions by Product Line
Use the video or read more about cleaning Classic (formerly Built-In) condensers here: Classic Condenser Cleaning.
Use the video or read more about cleaning Designer (formerly Integrated) condensers here: Designer Condenser Cleaning.
Use the video or read more about cleaning Designer (formerly Integrated) Wine Storage condensers here: Designer Wine Storage Condenser Cleaning.
Use the video or read more about cleaning PRO 36 and PRO 48 condensers here: PRO Condenser Cleaning.
Use the video or read more about cleaning Undercounter condensers here: Undercounter Condenser Cleaning.
Use the video or read more about cleaning 700 Series condensers here: 700 Series Condenser Cleaning
- Sub-Zero with "Vacuum Condenser" or "Service" Flashing
- Sub-Zero Error Code EC40 or EC50 and Service Flashing
- 400 Series Flashing Service
- Undercounter Refrigeration with Service Flashing
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
If temperatures do not return to the setpoint within 24 hours of cleaning the condenser, or if Vacuum Condenser returns, contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820