- No descaling solution added during descaling
- Error in measurement of level (possibly due to formation of foam)
- Retractable handle issues
- Convection Steam Oven (CSO) has error code E74
- What error 74 means
- What error E74 means
Steps to Verify Issue:
- For knob control models, verify descaling solution was added to the unit if descaling is in process. See CSO Oven Descaling.
- Turn the home circuit breaker to the unit off for 30 seconds then back on again.
- Retest the unit operation.
- If these troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
What would cause an E74 error to occur?
In knob control models, there are two possible causes:
- No descaling solution added. The appliance detected only water and does not start the descaling process.
- Error in the descaling solution measurement level, possibly due to the formation of foam. This can be caused by using an unsuitable descaling agent.
Is foam supposed to be produced during the descaling the process?
No, foam production is not officially part of the descaling process.
- During the descaling process, the unit heats up the descaling agent because higher temperatures help remove buildup.
- During the heat-up phase, some descaling products can produce foam.
- Durgol Swiss Steamer, the recommended descaling agent for the CSO, does not produce foam.
Is there a detection method in the unit that senses when descaling solution has been added?
Yes, there is a phase of the descaling process that detects whether descaling solution has been added.
- If the unit does not detect the descaling agent, E74 error appears, and the descaling process stops.
- If the unit detects the descaling agent, it carries on with the heat-up phase.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820