- What temperature setting should be used on a griddle to achieve the best results?
- What should the griddle temperature be set at?
- Where should the griddle control knob be set for certain foods?
- How do you season a griddle?
- Why should a griddle be seasoned?
- Oil smoke point information
- Griddle not smoking during seasoning process
- The griddle provides relatively even heat across the surface. The back portion of the griddle can be hotter than the front sections, as the heat will naturally go toward the rear vent.
- The griddle has a preheat indicator light that turns on and off when the griddle is turned on. The light illuminates when heating up and the light turns off when the griddle reaches the set temperature.
- There is no hot surface indicator light for the griddle.
- To prevent food from sticking, season the griddle prior to initial use and after any thorough griddle cleaning. See How to Season a Griddle for instructions.
- Use a metal spatula with square corners or metal utensils for best results.
- For best griddle cooking results, refer to the following cooking guide below.
- Use these links to learn more about: Griddle Preheat Time, How to Clean a Griddle, and Gas Cooktop Sabbath Mode.
- Do not use the griddle as a cutting board. Wolf offers a set on cutting board accessory for the griddle. Refer to Wolf Griddle Cutting Board for more information.
Hold cooked food at serving temperature.
French toast, pancakes, and grilled sandwiches.
Bacon, pork chops, lamb steaks, sausage, and flattened boneless chicken.
Vegetables, sliced, or grated.
For additional information, refer to the product Use and Care Guide.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820