- Why is food baking unevenly?
- Does convection bake faster than the normal setting?
- If recipe calls for bake and convection is used, should the temperature be adjusted?
- How to set the oven to convection
- Wolf Dual Convection System
In Convection mode, dual convection fans (single convection fan in an 18" oven), each with a heating element, operate from the back of the oven to move the heated air throughout the entire oven cavity.
- Uniform air movement in this mode makes it possible to cook with multiple racks.
- The heat is cycled on and off to maintain the temperature, resulting in evenly browned food.
Convection Tips for Gas Range, Dual Fuel, and Electric Wall Ovens
- Always preheat the oven.
- Reduce standard recipe temperatures by 25° in this mode or reduce the cooking time by 20-25%.
- A 14" x 16" baking sheet is ideal for 30" and 36" ovens.
- A 9" x 13" baking sheet is ideal for 18" ovens.
- 30" and 36" ovens can bake multiple pies on the same rack, rather than on different racks.
- 18" ovens can bake only one pie at a time.
- Allow at least 1" between the edge of pan or baking dish and oven walls for best performance.
- Pans do not need to be staggered when cooking on more than one rack.
- With any Bake mode, rotate cookware for best results. Heating elements are at the back of cavity, which can make foods in the back more done.
- Baking time may be less than expected. Check doneness 5-10 minutes early.
- Refer to product Use and Care Guide for instructions on setting Convection mode.
- See also, Convection Settings on a Dual Fuel Range Knob - Includes a picture and description of the settings on the knob.
Contact a Product Distributor for product demonstrations and events.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820