- How do I use the Broil mode on my countertop oven?
- When would I use the Broil mode on my counter top oven?
- What are the temperature settings when using the Broil mode?
- Move the oven rack to the upper position.
- Use broiler rack with pan included with oven.
- Turn the selector bezel to "BROIL".
- The default temperature of HI is displayed.
- Choose between HI, 550°F (288°C) and LO, 450°F (232°C).
- If desired, turn the temperature knob to the left to decrease the temperature to LO.
- Use HI for thin cuts of meat, fish, poultry, vegetables, or other foods.
- Use LO for thicker cuts that need to be cooked through before browning.
- Press "START/STOP" button to start the oven.
- Turn the Timer knob to the right to increase broiling time.
- A maximum of twenty minutes can be set for broiling.
- The time can be adjusted before or during the cycle.
- Broil mode can be set to stay on by turning the Timer knob to the left until "ON STAY ON" is displayed.
- The oven will turn off automatically after thirty minutes.
- Broil with the oven door closed or slightly ajar since the door has a feature that allows it to stay in the partially open position.
- Broil mode can not be used with convection mode.
- Press "START/STOP" to turn off the oven.
- BROIL mode can be set to stay on by turning the Timer knob to the left until "ON STAY ON" is displayed. The oven will turn off automatically after 30 minutes.
- BROIL mode can be stopped anytime by pressing START/STOP.
- Place oven rack in upper position.
- Use rack and baking pan included with oven. Place in oven. Do not preheat oven.
- Use HI for broiling thin cuts of meat, fish, and poultry to brown and cook quickly.
- Use LO for thicker cuts that require longer to cook without over browning the outside.
- Leaving the oven on broiler compartment door partially ajar during cooking keeps the cooking environment from getting too hot or steamy.
- Too hot and the broiler element could automatically shut off.
- Too steamy and the food won't develop a caramelized crust.
- Turn foods halfway through cooking time.
- The heaters do cycle in broiling mode.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820